9 October 2014 saw the opening of an exhibition in the Jagiellonian Library devoted to the 600 years of Polish-Turkish relations (1414-2014). The ceremony was led by the Director of the Jagiellonian Library, Prof. Zdzisław Pietrzyk and the Head of the Chair in Turkish Studies, Prof. Ewa Siemieniec-Gołaś. Members of a Turkish delegation from the Yunus Emre Institute and the Fatih Sultan Mehmet University in Istanbul were also present
The exhibition contains documents sent to Poland from the Ottoman Empire chancelleries, including official letters from sultans, viziers, and governors to Polish kings and officials, peace treaties signed between the two powers, and other diplomatic papers. The exhibition will be open until 22 October 2014. The admission is free.
Photos: Anna Wojnar